The Beginners Bagpipe Tutorial is a practical and detailed guide for beginners and teachers alike. Most of the lessons include text accompanied by audio and video instruction to explain or clarify the aspects of playing the bagpipes. The demonstrations endeavour to leave as little as possible to the imagination.
105 LESSONS GROUPED INTO FOUR MAIN SECTIONS:
- Basic fingering broken down/methodically and as normally played with simplified tunes interspersed in early stages
- Light music with attention to clear execution, rhythm and expression from simpler tunes through to intermediate level.
- Bonus of extra tunes tutorials.
- Bagpipe maintenance, reed setting, how to commence playing and tuning.
- 85+ videos
- 100+ audio files.
- Downloadable music scores for tunes
With your own practice chanter, you start on how to commence fingering the chanter then through to exercises and simple tunes relevant to more advanced exercises and suitable tunes that lead on to the pipes.
To further help, Bill intersperses his playing with comments about the technique or tune he is playing.
The Beginners Bagpipe Tutorial suitable if you wish to:
- Have detailed guidance right from the beginning of learning to play the Highland Bagpipe.
- Improve your rhythm.
- Improve your clarity of execution.
- Develop good expression.
It is also a valuable tool for those providing or conducting bagpipe lessons.